Translate

19 mar. 2011

WHAT IS AN ARTIST by Beethoven

WHAT IS AN ARTIST
by Beethoven

http://www.pisitoenmadrid.com/images/cine/Copying_Beethoven_5_rgb.jpg

BEETHOVEN: This is your famous bridge? Are you going to win?
MARTIN: I don't know.
BEETHOVEN: How could you not know that? Anna tells me you're an artist. Aren't you an artist?
MARTIN: Well, that depends on what you mean by an artist.
BEETHOVEN: An artist is someone who has learned to trust himself.
ANNA: Maestro, what do you think? (Pointing the bridge)
BEETHOVEN: It has no soul.
MARTIN: I beg your pardon?
BEETHOVEN: It lacks life, grace, passion. It is a dead and worthless thing.
MARTIN: You have no right.
ANNA: Martin..
MARTIN: No. I don't care who he is. I don't care what the world thinks you are. What gives you the right?
BEETHOVEN: I tell you what gives me the right. You build bridges to connect points of land. I build them to connect men's souls. God gives me the right. God whispers into some men's ears. Well, he shouts into mine! That's why I am deaf. When you go blind, sir, then you, too, will have the right not to be judged, but to judge.

Copying Beethoven, Agnieszka Holland, 2006
Pin It

No hay comentarios:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...